Friday, August 19, 2011

Dr. Seuss Theme

This year I used the Dr. Seuss theme in my classroom. The thing that excites me the most are my Truffula trees!

To make these I used Martha Stewart's Pom Pom's and black and yellow butcher paper. To make the stems I took the paper and cut a long, thin (5 inches wide) piece of yellow and a piece of black paper. I twisted them separately at first and then together.

Here are some other pictures of the room.




For open house, I had a balloon for each child along with a goodie bag and a tag with an "Oh the Places You'll Go" quote.





3 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

Those trees are so cute! I love your classroom!

I am your newest follower! I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Gracie said...

Love the trees and you sweet goodie bag!!
Gracie
Www.livinglargeinfirst.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute! I think I am going to do the same theme this year in my classroom. Thanks for the great ideas!
Laura