Thursday, September 4, 2014

And We're Off to a Great Start!

I wish I could have posted earlier, but my family and I have already been hit with several sicknesses this year!  Last week and through the long weekend, I was fighting a cold and was losing my voice!  Before that my little one was under the weather too! I'm finally feeling a LOT better and hope it stays away!  Hopefully the rest of the students feel well.  I know some have already been hit by stomach bugs and other sicknesses!! 

Today was our fourteenth day of Kindergarten!  We are getting in the swing of things!  The students are knowing what is expected of them and are knowing the routine!  Whew! :-)  Here are some pictures of them on their very first day!  A HUGE thank you goes to the parent that made this sign for us! I've always wanted one but never found the time.  I LOVE IT!  The pictures turned out so cute!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow made with Smilebox


Here are a few pictures of the my kindergarteners working on AB patterns. 






We LOVE that we are 1:1 with technology grades K-12!  Here we are using our tablets whole group to write answers down to writing numbers to sets.


The first few weeks are filled with learning about the Blue Jay Way (expectations of how we act in the classroom, hall,on the playground, etc.)  One book I love is My Mouth Is a Volcano!  We created an anchor chart and discussed ways we can work talking out. 


I can't wait to see what all is in store for us this year! I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic year!  More to come!

No comments: