Thursday, February 2, 2012

100th Day

This is my seventh year teaching, but my very first 100th day celebration!  100th day just isn't something that is celebrated in the intermediate grades, and last year, I was home with my little one.  100th was a ton of fun!  Our school goes all out with a carnival theme.  I was amazed at all of the decorations that went up!  Our 100th Day team did a great job!  Things like a big top made out of streamers, clown posters, balloons, and tons and tons of 100's filled our school!  I was so impressed with how creative some of our parents and students were with wearing 100 items.  There were googly eyes, dots, pompoms, boxtops, buttons, soda can tabs, and more! In the afternoon, we had our 100 day carnival where the students rotated from room to room to do different activities.  Check out the hats we did in my room below.  I had help from four wonderful parents.  By the fourth class, we were a well-oiled, hat making machine!  There were 10 strips of paper on each hat with 10 items each such as stickers, dots, or holes.  I found the idea here.  I didn't get a picture of all of my students, but here are some pictures for your to enjoy!

Here is my fantastic Kindergarten Team! We found these shirts here.


How cute is this headband!? I may have to do this next year!!


This was Mrs. Bley's station.  I love it!


Mrs. Blaha did this writing activity with her students.  What a cool way to tie character into the lesson! 



Some of my kiddos in their 100th day hats!

No comments: